Friday, February 15, 2008

The Conversation

I was ready to hit the sack after nodding off watching countless episodes Law & Order when I decided to peak out the window to see if the aurora was out, and sure enough they were dancing across the sky. I grabbed my boots, watch cap, gloves, camera and tripod in about 20 seconds while yelling for Tara to get out of bed and come look at the lights and its safe to say she wasn't a happy camper about waking up. Here is what the conversation sounded like

Richie: Tara...Tara wake up...come look at the lights

Tara: shut up I'm sleeping

Richie: no for real...wake up and come look

Tara: I don't wanna...(this is what she was humbling as she was walking towards the door) Richie, I'm sleeping...I'm tired...and I'm feeling sick....OMG those are awesome!

Richie: I knew you would like it in Alaska

Tara: no response, however I did get a stern look as she walked away

Once getting all set up and ready to shoot, the lights started to put on a top notch show and if that weren't enough the wolves started howl over by the river for at least 30 mins! At that point I realized this place is awesome and I could do this all night but after being outside for over an hour my fingers and toes started to go numb so I packed up shop and headed back in for the night.

1 comment:

Kerry Wilson said...

sweet pics, always wanted to see the Northern Lights. You can keep the mosquitos and cold though